Welcome to BC, alexandrasnow
Firstly, it is recommended that you do not have more than one real-time antivirus program running, because they will interfer with one another and weaken your protection. You should uninstall one or the other: They are both fine products, so the choice is entirely yours.
Let's see what we can do with AVG's TROJAN HORSE PSW.GENERIC7.AYUC
Please download TFC
by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.alternate download link
- Save any unsaved work. (TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!)
- Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. (If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose "Run As Administrator".)
- Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and save it to your Desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless of whether you are prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Note 2:
MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow
the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
Please download SUPERAntiSpyware
- Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your Desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
- In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
- Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode
".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
- Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and click View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
Please download Dr.Web CureIt!
and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.alternate download linkNote: The file will be randomly named (something like this ... 5mkuvc4z.exe).
(Or download drweb-cureit.exe
)Print these instructions
(or copy them to a Notepad file) so they will be accessible: Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.
Now, reboot your computer
in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. (To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows logo splashscreen appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. The "Windows Advanced Options Menu" will appear with several options. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".)Scan with Dr.Web CureIt!
- Double-click on <the randomly named file that you downloaded> to open the program and click Start.
- If you see a message, warning that Dr.Web CureIt! is available free only for personal use, click Cancel to continue.
- Click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version.)
- Read the "Dr.Web scanner anti-virus check" prompt and click Ok where asked to "Start scan now?"
Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
- The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders.)
- If prompted to download the "Full version / FREE trial", ignore it, and click the X to close the window.
- If you see a message, warning that your HOSTS file has been modified and asking if you would like to restore it, click Yes.
- If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured.)
- After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
- In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply > Ok.
- Back at the main window, click the green arrow ("Start Scanning") button on the right, under the Dr.Web logo.
(Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.)
- When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
- Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
- In the top menu, click File and choose Save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your Desktop. <<< Important!
- Exit Dr.Web CureIt! when done.
your computer normally (not to Safe Mode) because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
After rebooting, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web.
- On your Desktop, right-click on DrWeb.csv and choose Open with > Notepad
- Copy and paste the entire file contents in your next reply.
Now, please run a Full Scan
this time with MBAM
after again updating. Remove what it finds and then post the log from that too.