Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mobility m6 display adaptor issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 janie_a16

janie_a16

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

so i've been having problems for a while now with this.

usually i turn on the computer and it appears normal, then when i try to run a video clip online it starts, then freezes, then the screen flashes off, then back on in 4-bit. when i go into settings and try to change them there is no option. the only way to correct it is to uninstall the display adaptor and then restart my computer. i've tried to update it, and it says i've succeeded, however, the problem doesn't go away. also, i don't know if it's relevent, but when i go into device manager after the malfunction, the default monitor is listed three times.

my dad keeps saying i just need to reinstall windows xp, but i don't understand what that has to do with anything.

any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:20 AM

What type of computer is this? Do you know what your display adapter is?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 janie_a16

janie_a16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:22 AM

sorry for the delay. i have a toshiba satellite 1905, the display adaptor is a mobility m6.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:16 AM

Hi janie_a16.

Don't worry about not replying quickly.

I'm going to assume that you have reinstalled XP at least once. Is this true? Do you have Toshiba Drivers or are you letting XP Install them? Do you have XP Service Pack 2 or not?

That model of laptop has another model number that starts with *S* and has three digits. Can you provide that please?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users