Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server busy and unexpected error occured when trying to access connections properties

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malicette

malicette

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hi,
This is my first post and I must tell you that my PC knowledge is basic.
I have 2 problems.
The first one relates to an error when accessing the connections properties "an unexpected error occurred". I have tried a couple of things which did not make any difference, for instance:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\netshell.dll, and then click OK.
In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.

Then

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\ole32.dll, and then click OK.
In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.
Restart the computer

The second problem I have is about a pop up windows that keeps appearing saying " server busy", I have the option to retry or switch to (Cancel and x are unavailable). It seems that I only get this when I use Internet (it seems to happen when I use a p2p but I am really not 100% sure if this is the case).

I ran a wise registery cleaner 4 a couple of times when I get this last error but it still persistes.

Can you please help me? I have a "hijackthis notepad log for you but I am not sure where to post it.

Thank you very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

Do not post a HJT log here...HJT is a malware tool and this is not a malware forum, the expertise for dealing with malware issues lies at our malware forums.

Have you tried uninstalling...and then reinstalling your network drivers?

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible errors which might provide clues?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Lastly...have you tried running chkdsk /r to put files in order? Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query and hit Enter. Reboot, the command will execute before booting into XP...upon completion, the system will boot into XP.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users