Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft SQL Express 2008 Won't Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oblivix

oblivix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

I am having problems installing Microsoft SQL Express 2008. The server I am trying to connect to requirse 2008 and I had to remove 2005 in order to try and install 2008.
When going to microsoft.com/express/sql/download/ I click to install the SQL Express Management Studio (I tried all the versions with the same result ). And each time it givs me the following error:
Posted Image

As you can see VS 2008 SP1 is already installed. I uninstalled MSSQL 2005 Express and all its respective locations. I do have Visual Studio 2005 installed though.

Help Please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

You have the .NET framework 3.5 SP1, but not Visual Studio 2008 SP1. You can see that in your screenshot where it says "Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM" on the left. Install it from here -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Billy3

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 06 January 2010 - 12:02 PM.

Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users