Your best bet may be to reboot in Safe Mode and once again run Malwarebytes.Scan for Spyware/Adware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Download Free Version
Why? Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
is very good at removing the zlob trojan, virtumonde, and most other current infections. This single tool has replaced multiple tools that have been required in the past.
- 1. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- 2. At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
- 3. Then click Finish.
- 4. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- 5. Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- 6. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- 7. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- 8. When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.
Note: Some infections will prevent MBAM
from running. If MBAM
won't run, try renaming the file mbam-setup.exe
to a random name, and then try again.
If malwarebytes does not successfully complete the removal process, you may want to post in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
To Help the HJT Team please read the following instructions and post your results in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.
When you post the log, also put a link to this post so the HJT Team knows what all has been done to your computer before posting to the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.
Please be patient as the HJT team is quite busy sometimes and it may take a day or even a few for someone to pickup your log but someone will get back to you.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Edited by techextreme, 06 January 2010 - 10:15 AM.