Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what should i do?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnyDoe

JohnyDoe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:18 AM

if a insurance company is using a workgroup and would like to share folders to every one in the workgroup what should they do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doe22

doe22

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

I've been working on setting up something that sounds similar to what you describe recently, so I'd say you should probably Google the topic to get good details and instructions, I know you can find info on it.

Off the top of my head though, you'll need to make sure every computer belongs to the same workgroup, has file sharing enabled, and is connected to the network. You'll need to set the specific folder(s) you want to share within the workgroup so that they can be shared. You may also have to turn off Windows Firewall, but check to see if you can share files first before doing that.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

What versions(s) of windows are we talking about? And since this is a business, I dunno if just sharing folders between computers would be a good idea. What is it they are ultimately looking to do? Would a small NAS do what they need? or a small file server? nothing fancy or too expensive.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users