Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE7 is unable to connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mike mikunda

mike mikunda

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:21 AM

I think that my PC has been infected as 2 days ago both IE7 and Google Chrome stpped connecting to the internet apart from when I go to the site fastmail.fm.
Luckily I also had firefox installed and am able to use this now but even though I removed and reintalled IE7 and tried IE8 it still will not connect to the internet. I have also noticed that itunes will also no longer connect.
Just before I lost connection a new site popped up inviting me to buy a safe web surfing tool so I shut everything down and restarted and that is when the problems started.

I have run Stpzilla and have Avast installed but neither has shown any problems so I am thinking of using ComboFix, is this a good idea?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

ComboFix is an Anti-Malware tool used by advanced malware technicians specifically trained in its use.

Please read this post.

Are you able to Ping any addresses. i.e. ping www.yahoo.com

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 mike mikunda

mike mikunda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:53 AM

its all fixed now thanks, IE7 had been hijacked and the was being directed to a proxy server.

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

Glad to hear you were able to fix it.

:thumbsup:

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."