Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen during bootup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nikhil84

Nikhil84

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

Hi, I recently bought a Dell inspiron 1545 laptop with windows 7 installed in it, After a few days of using it, I started facing the Blue screen issue during boot up, as soon as the blue screen appears the system restarts again and this goes on in a loop, i tried to repair this but to no avail. I am also not able to re-install the OS, Can someone help me out as to what the problem could be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Almost all bsod's are driver related.

I have the exact same laptop, so I should be able to help you.

When you see the Dell splash screen right after you press the power button, start hitting the F8 button like it's going out of style until you see the "Advanced Boot Options". If you miss it, wait for the crash/reboot and try again. You have to use the arrow keys to navigate here (no mouse). Select "Safe Mode". It should boot now. But you will notice that things look noticeably different. That is because Windows only loads the bare-bones drivers with no start-up programs.

Hit the "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" keys on the keyboard. Navigate to the "Applications" tab of the Task Manager. Click New Task. Type in "sysdm.cpl" without the quotes and hit Enter. Navigate to the "Hardware" tab and open the "Device Manager". If you see anything that catches your eye here, then you've likely found your culprit. Disabled devices have a little yellow triangle next to them. If you see any like this, open them up and make note of the problematic device. Using a different computer (the one you are accessing this website from), go here and download all the latest drivers for your Dell laptop. Copy them to a flash drive and install all of them on the laptop (no reboots yet until they're all done!), then try rebooting into normal mode. If you still get the bsod, let me know and we'll go from there. :huh:

By the way, if you're using 64-bit Windows 7 (what Dell puts on every new laptop), go here to download the drivers instead. :huh:

Edited by keyboardNinja, 06 January 2010 - 11:52 AM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users