Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COBIAN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:11 AM

I am trying to use Cobian but when i click on the half moon logo i get a window that keeps saying error while checking for new versions socket error 10054
Connection reset by peer. What am i doing wrong. When i have been going through the set up and i come to the part that says that a section surrounded by a red line, mine isn't red, dose that matter. thanks.

Edited by boopme, 06 January 2010 - 03:47 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum~~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bolsterplate

Bolsterplate

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

I don't know too much about Cobain, but it seems to me that the application is trying to fetch updates using FTP and the FTP connection is getting reset. Check your Windows firewall or more likely a third-party firewall, like Zone Alarm.

Edited by Bolsterplate, 06 January 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

I'm like Schultz "I know nothing!" about Cobian Backup. Here are the forums. You could search. Might be a firewall blocking it.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users