Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a solution to a Hijacked Browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gmkezell

gmkezell

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

I had some malware and removed it with malwarebytes. Worked great! But, I found out that my browser has apparently been hijacked. I reset my Internet Explorer settings and disabled addons but, this did not work. I ran Spybot and Smitfraudfix. With Spybot, received "Unexpected error in fixing problems. Cannot create file "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" access is denied". With Smitfraudfix, I went through the whole process of running the smitfraudfix.exe in safe mode and in the report, there were about 40 or so messages "access is denied". Does anyone know what this means? Arghhhh..... Thanks so much for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gmkezell

gmkezell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi,
My browser has been hijacked for a few days now. I've ran Spybot and Malware Bytes and it has gotten rid of some of the problems. Spybot detected some additional problems but when it tried to get rid of them, I got the error message "access is denied" "Cannot create file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts". Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 January 2010 - 09:42 AM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

#3 gmkezell

gmkezell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

FYI...Thanks anyway but, I found someone to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users