Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A little assistance from MODs and Admins plz

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drunkn_azn

drunkn_azn

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hello,

On Jan 5th (today) my house has been robbed, luckily the only thing (we know so far) that has been taken was a laptop.
I'd like to track that laptop down.

I am not sure if it is possible ,but I'd like to know if you or the Mods/Other Admins are able to give me a info that tells what kind of computer I've entered your website with.

I used that laptop using the same internet I am using now.

All help is appreciated.

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

We cannot nor any forum type site would be able to tell you that. That information is not retrievable by our forum service. The only information we have is what you used to register with, a user name and email to send a validation link to. Unless you have LoJack for Laptops or similar call home when online service. Your laptop is untraceable if it goes online.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

:trumpet:

Whilst I am not in any way part of the Management Team here, I do feel sorry for you and as a Community Service I suggest the following to all Members in regard to this disturbing Trend nowadays.

Dowload a Program like Belarc, link below. It gives a Fingerprint on any Machine it is used on. Including ALL Details.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Once used, take a copy of all the details and store the copy right away from the Machine, then delete the program from the Machine.

If that Machine is then stolen, you have a nice fingerprint of it for the Police.

Be Warned! If you have been to bad Sites that shows up too! :thumbsup:

:flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 07 January 2010 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users