Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

moving 2000 songs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

i need to move 2000 songs in to wmp. ive done it before but ive forgotten how. i recently had to reinstall my os so now i have to put all my music back on my laptop. i have all the music files saved in a music file on my desktop. when i highlite all the songs and then try to add them to wmp it doesnt work and when i open wmp it says that its searching for media and it finds like 5000 files and i dont even have that much music and the music that it does find is none of mine. so my question is, how would i properly move 2000 of my songs in to my windows media player library.

thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flex-it services

flex-it services

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

I'm not too familiar with wmp. but does it have a play-list that you can open in windows media player that directs the files in their "same location"? (assuming you keep the files in the same folder path?
~~~
It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

not sure i fully understand the question, but i don't think so

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

First, make sure all of your songs are in one folder in one place on your computer.

Next click the blue Library tab at the top of the page, choose Add To Library.
When the dialog box opens, choose My Personal Folders, then Advanced Options.
Click ADD, navigate to where your music is stored.
If it's stored in My Music, and you only want certain folders to be added, navigate to that folder and add it to Monitored Folders.

Click OK, the import process should begin.

Let it import, if you see it's finding other things, don't cancel the process. Only the songs in the folder will end up in WMP.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 January 2010 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users