Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark all in one Printer gives error code 39

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

I don't really do much scanning on my Lexmark X2350 all-in-one printer, but last time I used it everything was fine, now, when I try to scan or copy something I get a "scan not succesfull" message and some basic fault finding info like pulling out and reconnecting the USB connector, switching on and off, which did no good at all. When I checked it in device manager the printer has a exclamation mark on a yellow background which I am aware means that the device is only partly working, and under device status says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware, the driver may be corrupted or missing, error code 39. I went into the troubleshooting section and uninstalled and re-installed the printer but the problem remains.
Has anyone any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

Is it something simple that you are trying to scan?
Try scanning some simple text
This is what Lexmark says code 39 is:

Page too complex to print.To verify that the printer recognizes all the installed memory, go to the user menus and print the "Print Menus" test page. Make sure the memory shown on the printout matches the installed memory.

I would try reinstalling the driver
XP
http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=cont...S&locale=en

Vista

Vista 64

Edited by garmanma, 06 January 2010 - 03:33 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

It won't scan anything, even a simple word file, apparently this is a common problem, the driver is corrupted and cannot be updated. It needs manually weeding out of the registry and then re-installing from disk, but I don't fancy messing around in the registry without specific detailed instructions. There is software on the net that does this for you, at a price, but I want to learn the free method!.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

How To Use Revo Uninstaller:
  • Please download Revo Uninstaller.
  • Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
  • There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
    Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
  • Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
  • Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.
Nice little tutorial
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticgeek/2008...vo-uninstaller/

Edited by garmanma, 08 January 2010 - 07:39 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 nkfro

nkfro

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Glad to see someone else using Revo Uninstaller. Top notch program!Q

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users