Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer won't connect but firefox will. network problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 the real mike

the real mike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

I've been trying to get my yahoo messenger 10 to work. the thing is aim and trillian both work. when i try to connect with the yahoo, it gives me a message about a possible html connection problem. i have a connection to the internet. yesterday i got the messenger to update by restarting the dhcp thing in the admin options of control panel and by clearing the arp cache. i also went down the list and restarted some other things. don't remember which ones exactly. but something worked and let me connect. a few hours later i accidentl closed it and tried to start it bak up to no avail. same thing as before. i've been working on this project now for 5 days.

Now for the information i would be looking for. a few days ago i got a trojan thinking it was an patch. it wasn't it was the winSpywareProtect thing. i have removed it from my computer with spybot and malware bytes. (malware bytes couldn't connect to the internet but spybot could.) i didn't have a firewall active during any of this. but had the spybot tea times and resident running as well as avast on acess protection going.

after removing the Junk crap thing. i started having problems connecting to the internet with the yahoo. it worked for a few hours and i updated to yahoo messenger 10. it logged on fine and then later wouldn't. the only thing i could find was that the internet explorer is used for yahoo im.

i'm clueless as to what to do. the local area connection says i'm connected directly to the internet.

p.s. sorry if i'm rambling. still working on it as we speak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

IMO...it cannot be a "network problem" if any browser works.

It can be a settings/configuration problem with IE.

I would take a look in Event Viewer, looking for errors noted which may shed some light.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users