Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remotely checking installed printers - How?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

I need to check on someone's computer in our company and what printers are installed - I'm building a new computer and need to know what printers to install on the new computer.

Said user is using the computer and is senior management. So, I'd prefer to check without taking them off their keyboard by going up there personally, or taking a remote session. If I'm digging for isntalled software, I can always just explore to \\<ip address>\c$ to see what's saved there.

Is there anyway I can do something silently like that for printers? Or am I stuck taking control and documenting the printers while they wait?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users