Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

staticy sound when streaming videos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JJ133169

JJ133169

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

hey,

ive had this issue for awhile, and im a advanced computer user, and really never had the time or motivation to fix it, but now ive been trying to fix it and everything im trying isnt working. ive noticed that streaming videos's like from youtube, the sound seems to ( on a 1-100 scale, 100 being staticy as hell) be about 15 and not constant but id say a second or two of light static maby every 10 seconds and especially when the video is starting. Im not sure as well, but i think my windows sounds may be a bit staticy, but like i said im not positive on that.

My windows media player works fine, static free, along with my video games, and mic recording/play back, so i dont think its a hardware problem.

Flash player and windows update - audio codec are all up to date.
I have high speed interwebs, 12mbps so it shouldnt be any kind of lagg issue.

and im running on 4gb memory, win 7 pro 64 bit, and dual core AMD turion @ 2.2 ghz, so it isnt that im on a crappy computer eather. and i use firefox mainly, but its the same issue on IE.

any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Sounds like a buffering issue with your ISP download speed. Done some speed tests?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

i have done speed tests before, and i have about 12mbps. ( or at least im suppose too) i just ran a speed test. net and got this
download 10.8 and upload 3.6 mbps.

???

#4 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

i did a quick check on another pc and it didnt seem like that pc had the issue at all...* that pc was wired*

im wireless...

could that be an issue? or not?

#5 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

i tryed wireing my pc to the router in slot 2 ( there is another pc in slot 1) and no difference in the static. the interesting thing i found out, is that it seems when i do a speed test, ( which i did a few) it seems this pc is getting about 6-10mbps on average when the other one is getting 19-25mbps... whats the deal with that? and i did exactly the stuff id do on the laptop to get the excess static ( usually theres a bit standard) but id run a speedtest while watching the video ( on the laptop, where the issue is, when i do a speedtest in a video, it makes the static unbearable...) any idea's?

The desktop i tryed other stuff on was a XP machine with a P4.

???

#6 Kalon Wiggins

Kalon Wiggins

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

is it onboard sound?

I would probably try a new soundcard in there.

#7 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

it is onboard, but it only happens then. ive expereinced a bad onboard card, and it makes every sound go to hell, not just one type...

problem is still happening...

idea's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users