Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop exstention (additional screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nathskiii

nathskiii

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Basically I have recently extended my desktop and want to watch iplayer and sky player on one screen and continue what I am doing on the other. However I click full screen on the programme and when I come back to my 1st screen and click it, the programme on the 2nd screen restores to normal size.

Is there any way of making it so that it stays full screen on my 2nd screen and I can continue what I am doing on my 1st screen without it restoring.

Any advice would be much appreciate

=)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

If you are having trouble extending your desktop to the second display, take a look at this article.
Multiple Monitors
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 nathskiii

nathskiii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

If you are having trouble extending your desktop to the second display, take a look at this article.
Multiple Monitors

I have extended my desktop succcessfully i just cant watch TV full screen on 1 screen and do other things on my laptop

Many thanks though

Edited by nathskiii, 06 January 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

This sounds more like an issue with the program you're using to watch TV. For example, I can watch VLC Media Player in fullscreen on one of my screens and do work on the other screen without any issues.

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

According to the discussion I referred to before making the software suggestion, UltraMon offers an option to enable Full Screen on the second display.

Alternatively, you can also look for an 'Overlay' option, in the Video Adapter's Control Panel.

However, like Amazing Andrew mentioned, it also depends on what kind of application you are trying to run on the second display.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#6 nathskiii

nathskiii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

According to the discussion I referred to before making the software suggestion, UltraMon offers an option to enable Full Screen on the second display.

Alternatively, you can also look for an 'Overlay' option, in the Video Adapter's Control Panel.

However, like Amazing Andrew mentioned, it also depends on what kind of application you are trying to run on the second display.

where is the enable full screen option on untramon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users