Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connectivity Issues Only at Night

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Iscariot

Iscariot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Lately I've been having issues with my internet during certain periods at night. Around midnight or so I'll lose my ability to load webpages or play games online. My computer tells me that I'm connected to the router with full bars and when I try to repair the connection no problems are detected. This seems to only happen to my laptop since I can play online with my XBox 360 without any problem, not even lag.

My ISP is Verizon DSL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

Sounds like someone set up time restrictions on the router for your computer.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 Iscariot

Iscariot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

My dad said he didn't do anything like that, and no one else has access to my laptop.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

You connected wireless or wired on the laptop?

If its wireless - find/download the driver for your wireless card, if they have just the driver get that if its driver with software you'll have no choice. Then remove the wireless card from device manager and any software for it in Add/Remove programs. Reboot and install with the new driver. Use Windows Zero Config if you can and not the software that normally loads with the driver. Joy?

If it happens after the new install, open a command prompt and type ping 4.2.2.2 and hit Enter. Any issues?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

I would if you can try connecting directly to the modem using your laptop and see if you are getting the same issue. If so then the problem exists with Verizon some how. If not then it is on your end. It is always good to eliminate as much as possible then you have less to look at. Just remember to do a run-cmd-ipconfig /release- ipconfig /renew in order to get a good address from the modem once you are directly connected.

Edited by Baltboy, 08 January 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users