Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printers unable to connect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wfcentral

wfcentral

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

Greetings,

I have been struggling with a solution but I can not figure out the cause of my issue.

To give a little background on the network.

I have a Sonicwall TZ210 that died over the holidays. I replaced the TZ210 and that is the only thing that was changed. all the access rules from going to from wlan to lan are correct (i had sonicwall already confirm that much)

I have 3 network printers and only 1 of them is be printed to from the tablets. The other 2 printers say (Unable to connect). These printers are all static IPs (which didnt change)and i made sure that the TZ210 dynamic ip range is below the statics. The Printer Spooler services are running, for safe measure I restarted then on the server and wireless machines.

I can ping the ip address of the 2 printers that say 'unable to connect' from both lan and wlan computers.

Power cycled the printer to make sure something goofy didnt happen.

Here is the kicker, When I get on a tablet and RDP into the server i can print to the 2 printers without a problem.

Sonicwall is telling me that the configuration is correct but why can I print wirelessly to these 2 printers but when I RDP everything works fine. Seems to me something is not right with the WLAN settings on the router.

im stumped at this point.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users