The file is still there though
* Please download the Suspicious File Packer from here:http://www.safer-networking.org/files/sfp.zip
Unzip it to the desktop and run it.
Paste the following bold part into the Suspicious File Packer window:C:\WINDOWS\winver.exe
Allow SFP to pack the file. This will generate a CAB archive on your desktop.
Go to this page
Enter the url of this thread in the first field.
Where it says, browse to the file that you want to submit, click the browse button
next to the second field and browse to the CAB archive that was been created on your desktop.
The cab file will be called requested-files[*].cab (the * stands for the date and hour).
Then click the Send File button
Then, AFTER you have done this...
Please update MalwareBytes, because the databaseversion is outdated and latest updates *should* be able to deal with this one (however the sample is really needed for collection, that's why I asked you for the sample)
- Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates"
- Once the updates are downloaded, perform a quick scan again.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log, then we'll proceed from there with new steps.
Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.