Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP - UAA Bus Driver needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crippledman

Crippledman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hello,

Within the last two to three weeks everytime I boot up I receive a "Device Found" pop up and then it directs me to install the driver from various locations, which I don't have any way. The driver it is looking for is a UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. I've tried the drivers on my Windows XP disk and drivers from my sound card, but they didn't work. I ran a complete diagnostics check with the disk that came with my computer and it gave me a clean bill of health. I have never had this problem, so I don't know why it started all of a sudden. The are no yellow exclamation marks in the Device Manager and the sound is working great. I've done a lot of reading, but I am too unsure of myself to jump into anything. One suggestion was to go into the Devise Manager and check under System devices. I tried that and I have no System devices in the Device Manager. :thumbsup: I checked one of our other computers running Win XP also and it does have the System Devices folder. My computer runs fine, but what would have happened to the System Devices folder & contents? The integrated audio is disabled in the BIOS as I have a Xtreme Sound pci card installed and have for quite some time. I am curious if they are related or not. I have no clue how long there hasn't been a System devices file.

I was given this link, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835221 , to possibly solve the problem for the UUA bus driver. Microsoft e-mailed the file and info. to me, but the warning they included scared me out of trying it. Especially when everything else is working fine.

It may not be a serious problem, but I would like to take care of it. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide to resolve this issue. At this point I would even appreciate a registry fix to stop the popup when I boot up.

I will check back tomorrow....it's time for bed.

Thank you,
Bill

System Info:

Dell XPS 410, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600, 2.4 GHz 1066 FSB, 3 GB of duel channel DDR2 SDRAM, Evga GeForce GT 220, Xtreme Sound 7.1, Win XP MCE 2005, SP 3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:18 AM

Hello, welcome to BleepingComputer. The only experience I've had with the Microsoft UAA HD Audio driver was that it worked fine for me when I downgraded my HP laptop supplied with Vista, to XP. As HP only provided Vista driver support for the laptop, I had to locate all the necessary XP drivers.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users