Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Blue Screen!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 2cent

2cent

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hello all,

I have been having a recurring problem with my HP Pavillion crashing. I have had it for about a year and have never experienced this with a computer of mine before as I take relatively good care (updates, spyware, virus scans, etc).

The first crash came unexpectedly and I still have no idea what cuased it. After doing a otn of googling to try and diagnose my problem, I have not found much. As of today, everytime I attempt to run a system scan, the computer crashes. I also scheduled a memory diagnostic at restart and the computer stopped at 63% for about 1 1/2 hours without progressing one bit. This is leading me to believe I have fualty memory because I have documented the following stop messages (the last 2 crashes I had).

1. 1/4/2010- 8:30pm (While I attempted to run a diagnostic scan from the software provided by HP)

PCD5SRVC.PKMS

Stop: 0x000000D5 (0xA45E2F60, 0x00000000, 0xA117EE7C, 0x00000000

PCD5srvc.pkms- address a117EE7c base at A117c

date(not sure what the word after date was. I believe it was posting or log or something of that sort. Sorry) 45692e28

2. 1/4/2010- 9pm (While I attempted to run a antispyware scan by superanti-spyware. This crash occurred immediately after I clicked the start scan button)

0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x080153000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) (I checked what this stop code means and apparently it is called a "double fault", however, I am not positive of this info).

------------

The only reason I believe that it is a software problem is because I can run my computer all day in safe mode without a single issue. However, I cannot run any diagnostic programs in safe mode which explains me trying to do so in normal mode.

**a few notes:

1. After my first crash, Norton 360 scanned and told me my computer was clean, however, after the next crash, it does not work properly and cannot open. One of the errors in the event viewer lists SYMTDI and network dispatch drivers as a problem around the same time my computer crashed.

2. <GPClient> continues to show up in my error reports along wiht BHDrvx88 and BHDrvx86

3. I am also getting a "parellel port service failed to start". The error states that the service is disabled or has no associated files.

4. After my latest crash the following device drivers are listed as "up to date" but not able to start becuase their "configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged". MS/MS-pro, SD/MMC, SM/xD-picture.

I hope this is enough information for someone to help me. I am dying here because all of my very needed graduate school information is on my computer and I cannot use it long enough to do anything! If I need to post a .dmp file here, please let me know as I will be up to the wee hours screaming over this. If you can provide directions as to how to find the correct dump files and post them here, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all of your efforts. I come here often to observe the advice. Although I am not qualified to offer any, your expertise has not gone unnoticed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hello all,

I have been having a recurring problem with my HP Pavillion crashing. I have had it for about a year and have never experienced this with a computer of mine before as I take relatively good care (updates, spyware, virus scans, etc).

The first crash came unexpectedly and I still have no idea what cuased it. After doing a otn of googling to try and diagnose my problem, I have not found much. As of today, everytime I attempt to run a system scan, the computer crashes. I also scheduled a memory diagnostic at restart and the computer stopped at 63% for about 1 1/2 hours without progressing one bit. This is leading me to believe I have fualty memory because I have documented the following stop messages (the last 2 crashes I had).

1. 1/4/2010- 8:30pm (While I attempted to run a diagnostic scan from the software provided by HP)

PCD5SRVC.PKMS

Stop: 0x000000D5 (0xA45E2F60, 0x00000000, 0xA117EE7C, 0x00000000

PCD5srvc.pkms- address a117EE7c base at A117c

date(not sure what the word after date was. I believe it was posting or log or something of that sort. Sorry) 45692e28

2. 1/4/2010- 9pm (While I attempted to run a antispyware scan by superanti-spyware. This crash occurred immediately after I clicked the start scan button)

0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x080153000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) (I checked what this stop code means and apparently it is called a "double fault", however, I am not positive of this info).

------------

The only reason I believe that it is a software problem is because I can run my computer all day in safe mode without a single issue. However, I cannot run any diagnostic programs in safe mode which explains me trying to do so in normal mode.

**a few notes:

1. After my first crash, Norton 360 scanned and told me my computer was clean, however, after the next crash, it does not work properly and cannot open. One of the errors in the event viewer lists SYMTDI and network dispatch drivers as a problem around the same time my computer crashed.

2. <GPClient> continues to show up in my error reports along wiht BHDrvx88 and BHDrvx86

3. I am also getting a "parellel port service failed to start". The error states that the service is disabled or has no associated files.

4. After my latest crash the following device drivers are listed as "up to date" but not able to start becuase their "configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged". MS/MS-pro, SD/MMC, SM/xD-picture.

I hope this is enough information for someone to help me. I am dying here because all of my very needed graduate school information is on my computer and I cannot use it long enough to do anything! If I need to post a .dmp file here, please let me know as I will be up to the wee hours screaming over this. If you can provide directions as to how to find the correct dump files and post them here, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all of your efforts. I come here often to observe the advice. Although I am not qualified to offer any, your expertise has not gone unnoticed.

Looks to be PC Doctor software and you should run PcDecrapifier and remove all the programs that are not needed on your system. You can run this program in Safe mode to prevent any problems. I think it should fix the problem!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#3 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

I just ran the program and nothing associated with PC Doctor even showed up. Is there another way to locate any and all instances of this software so I can remove it?

#4 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

OK, so I just ran, Crystal Disk Info 3.3.0 and when I get the results back, I got a caution on my C drive. everything in the list was listed as good except for "reallocated sectors count". Unfortunately, the manual that would help- me understand the information is not working properly.

How do I go about fixing this problem?

#5 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

I would like to see these minidumps. To better help me please do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

Please send at least 3 or 4 so I can make sure it is not a different problem for each BSOD!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#6 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

ok, here you go. I hope this helps.

as a bit of added info, driveragent told me I have 5 outdated drives, 2 of which are unidentified USB devices. I am going to attempt to get new drivers for the other three right now.

Thanks so much for all your help thus far.

Attached Files

#7 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

You the Second one today but I Have it figured out:

1: Go download the updated Dell Support Center. (PCD5SRV.PKMS)
2: Go Download all available updates, including optional updates and install those (Npfs.sys)
3: Update all Dell Drivers from Dell support driver support. (NTKRNLPA.EXE)

This is what I Suggested, this should help prevent most of the BSOD if not all. Let me know if that works!!

Edited by GamerX, 05 January 2010 - 04:51 PM.

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#8 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

great!! but here is a quick question, does it matter that I do not have a dell? I am using an hp pavillion.

#9 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

great!! but here is a quick question, does it matter that I do not have a dell? I am using an hp pavillion.

Switch that instead download all HP drivers, but I can only find one instance of PCD5SRV.PKMS being for the Dell Support Center? Does HP have a Support Center program??

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#10 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

Not that I know of. I did uninstall the memory diagnostics program made by pc-doctors and I can tell yo uthat my computer is already booting up fast and seeming a bit more reliable because I am able to run scans and update the dirvers in normal mode with no problems thus far...However, my computer is still running slow and staying at the black screens for quite a while.

I did check the computer by removing the side cover and the fans are all in working order right now and there is only a slight amount of dust because I vaccumed it out yesterday.

I at driver update 3 of 10 so I'll be restarting the ocmputer fairly often for the remainder of the night. I will, in the meantime, google the answer to hp having any type of fix for the PCD5SRVC.PKMS instance. My thought is that, even though the uninstall was successful, it still might be somewhere on my PC....Could I remove any registry keys associated with it???

#11 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Not that I know of. I did uninstall the memory diagnostics program made by pc-doctors and I can tell yo uthat my computer is already booting up fast and seeming a bit more reliable because I am able to run scans and update the dirvers in normal mode with no problems thus far...However, my computer is still running slow and staying at the black screens for quite a while.

I did check the computer by removing the side cover and the fans are all in working order right now and there is only a slight amount of dust because I vaccumed it out yesterday.

I at driver update 3 of 10 so I'll be restarting the ocmputer fairly often for the remainder of the night. I will, in the meantime, google the answer to hp having any type of fix for the PCD5SRVC.PKMS instance. My thought is that, even though the uninstall was successful, it still might be somewhere on my PC....Could I remove any registry keys associated with it???

You can use CCLEANER to clean your registry of all unused registry keys. That is about all you can do! I haven't used PC-Doctor or anything like that so I am unsure as to where that would be. CCLEANER will go through and check to see if you have them installed if not it will remove them for you!!

I am glad that it is getting better, I am hoping we can solve this issue and you still will be running even smoother than before!! Let me know how the updates are doing and we will continue this tomorrow!

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#12 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

ok so I was wrong...my computer crashed again.

here are the details....coincidentally, this is the same as the very first crash I encountered 2 weeks ago.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x084254032)

TCPIP.SYS- Address 84254032 base at 84200000 Datestamp 4a856b4a

I looked into event viewer and what I found for the latest crash were multiple instances of the following:

1. Event ID 7026- dealing with the service control manager accessing a server.
2. Event ID 7001- "Computer browser service depends on server service which failed to load"
3. 10005- "DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server
{7D096C5F-AC08-AF1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}

please someone tell me you can help.

#13 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

ok so I was wrong...my computer crashed again.

here are the details....coincidentally, this is the same as the very first crash I encountered 2 weeks ago.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x084254032)

TCPIP.SYS- Address 84254032 base at 84200000 Datestamp 4a856b4a

I looked into event viewer and what I found for the latest crash were multiple instances of the following:

1. Event ID 7026- dealing with the service control manager accessing a server.
2. Event ID 7001- "Computer browser service depends on server service which failed to load"
3. 10005- "DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server
{7D096C5F-AC08-AF1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}

please someone tell me you can help.

Could you attach the Minidump for that latest crash so I can take a look at it??

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#14 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Sorry to take so long to reply. After the last crash, I just backed all my important files up onto my portable hard drive and used the repair computer feature on the boot screen to reset my computer to original factory settings. I used the rest of the evening to setup the ocmputer and now im simply placing all my files back onto my C drive. The computer is running perfect right now so that basically answered my question as to whether it was a driver or a hardware failure causing my crashes. It had gotten to the point that the driver updates were causing crashes.

Thank you for your help. I will most certainly be back here to look for tips and techniques to use to keep my computer running smoothly.

All the best to you GamerX!!

#15 2cent

2cent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

Another crash after restoring the computer....my guess now is that its a hardware issue so I am going to take it to be looked at to determine if its a processor, or the memory causing the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users