Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP infected with trojan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PD0GG

PD0GG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hello!

My sisters computer got infected with the Win32 uruy.E trojan. Avast detected it on a boot scan and moved it to chest... 36 files in all including several system files. after that it booted up to a blue screen stop 7B. I ran the XP setup disk that came with the computer to repair the files that were damaged/lost. Now it boots up almost all the way to the desktop but freezes with nothing but a blank-black screen. I would like to fix without formatting if possible. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hello and welcome.. try using SFC

Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista users..The command needs to be run from an elevated Command Prompt.
Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the XP CD when asked.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 PD0GG

PD0GG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

Unfortunately I have no access to windows. It attempts to boot up into windows and then stalls and the harddrive actually stops responding and the screen becomes blank... in safe mode it also stalls except you see the screen with the list of drivers loading. If I could at least get the pictures off the HDD then I could do a clean installation. Not sure where this leaves me, and sorry if I wasn't concise in my explanation of what was happening.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

OK, try this . Instructions include running it off a disk etc... You may be able to boot after that.
VIPRE Rescue Program
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users