Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen flashes black, then error message shows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XuzI

XuzI

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

Computer: Acer Aspire 4730Z

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Problem: Screen flashes black, then error message shows.

Details: Long ago, I was trying to play a game and coundnt do to graphics card. I got a driver, and I could play then. Only 1 problem. My screen goes black all of a sudden, then comes back on and shows a message that says "Somethingorother Has Sucessfully Recovered".

This happens about every 5-15 minutes, everyday. I'm 85% it's from installing the driver, but it was the correct one, because when I went to the site, it had it automatically check mine, for the latest version.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kyle Richards

Kyle Richards

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hello XuzI,

More than likely its a driver issue. What make and model of graphics card is it?

Also, lets view if the driver did not install correctly. Right click on the My Computer icon and select Properties. Click the tab that says Hardware than the button that says Device Manager. See if anything in this list has an icon next to it which looks like a yellow triangle with an ! in it.

#3 XuzI

XuzI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hi,

Yes. I saw the message again, it's the display driver. I did what you said, but nothing showed up with a triangle alert icon.

My gfx card is: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

#4 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

Yes. I saw the message again, it's the display driver. I did what you said, but nothing showed up with a triangle alert icon.

What Game are you trying play?? Half-Life 2 Perhaps??

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#5 XuzI

XuzI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:20 AM

Hi,

What Game are you trying play?? Half-Life 2 Perhaps??

?

I'm not "trying" to play any game. It happens no matter what I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users