Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MY CALL of DUTY UO JUST CLOSES

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 snooz

snooz

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

I have just bought a new video card (a Nvidia GeForce 6200 256MB) and i bought Battlefield 2 :thumbsup: . Before i bought Battlefield 2 i always played Call of Duty UO on multiplayer. but the night i installed Battlefield 2 (and after i got done playing BF 2) I wanted to play Call of Duty UO multiplayer but after i would join a server it would work fine for like 10 seconds but then Call of Duty UO would just close and go to my desktop :flowers: and so i just went to bed and i would to try to find out what was wrong 2morrow. so the next day i wanted to see if Call of DUty UO worked and walllllllllla! it just worked fine. so everything was good for a week. BUT......... now for the last 2 days my CoD UO hasent been working it dose the same thing when ever i would join a server it will just close the whole program :trumpet:
SOOOOO.........i was hoping some1 here could help me solve this problem
P.S i keep getting a waring that says "virtual memory low warning. i never have gotten this warning until i installed BF 2 PLZ HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Guardian

The Guardian

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

:thumbsup: How much RAM do you have because that could be part of your Virtual Memory Problem.

Posted Image

#3 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

it could be ram but you could also try playing it in a lower resolution what do you play it on at the moment

Edited by conk, 23 August 2005 - 06:08 PM.

If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#4 snooz

snooz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

i have a 512 MB DDR SDRAM memory, and conk i dont think it would be the resolution cause it works fine on singleplayer and everything its just when i try to play multiplayer

#5 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

oh right then its either the ram or maybe the internet connection thats all i can think of

#6 snooz

snooz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

alright thx

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

About the virtual memory warning: How much free space do you have on your hard drive?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#8 snooz

snooz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:29 PM

im not sure how to find it but i know how to do this
Click Start / Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance / System / Advanced tab
Under Performance click the Settings button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Virtual Memory, click the Change button.
is that where i have to go to find out how much free space i have left?

#9 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:56 PM

just highlight the C: drive in my computer and on the left it says space taken and space left at least it does with me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users