Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wont boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beerwolf44

Beerwolf44

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

i recently have had problems with my cpu fan so i opened up my computer to see what was going on and everything was infested with dust. so i vacuumed and air brushed everything off and took the cpu and cpu fan and this grill looking thing(?) off and cleaned it. Well anyway i put everything back together and the computer powers, but the blue light on the front doesnt come on and nothing shows up on the moniter. All the fans run and my internet card light comes on. I'm just wondering what i did wrong to cause this problem, please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

Not sure what the grill looking thing is, unless it is part of the CPU fan.

I would take it apart again and make sure the CPU is seated correctly. Did you apply thermal paste before reinstalling the CPU fan? Check all the connections coming from the power supply and make sure they are plugged in and seated properly.

#3 Beerwolf44

Beerwolf44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Not sure what the grill looking thing is, unless it is part of the CPU fan.

I would take it apart again and make sure the CPU is seated correctly. Did you apply thermal paste before reinstalling the CPU fan? Check all the connections coming from the power supply and make sure they are plugged in and seated properly.

i think the grill is the heat sink, and no i just pulled it off and put it back on. i didn't think i needed thermal paste or anything of the sort?

#4 Beerwolf44

Beerwolf44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:36 PM

ahh i figure it out, i tryed to reinstall the cpu with the heat sink and fan all attached, i hope i didnt damage my things by doing this, but it looks like verything is working fine, this can be closed

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Well, make sure you follow the exact procedure of installing the heatsink after applying the thermal paste.
Also make sure that other connections are intact.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users