Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware presented and resolved with ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 4cdndctn

4cdndctn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

I had a nasty case of Malware and many of my searches took me to BC and suggested ComboFix (of course try at your own risk if you have not been advised to do so by a Mod).

After Cyber Defender, MalwareBytes tools and Spy Doctor all failed BC's ComboFix succeeded (by failed I am referring to them not completing their tasks and triggering a freeze to occur). This was the only program that could open, run and resolve my malware issues - first try.

The instructions were a little outdated and I was asked to note the names of dll's and restart 2x which were not listed in the instructions but the pop up instructions are self explanatory.

I am happy to post my log if you would like and I would like to make a donation to this site for having such a great and instructions without forcing a purchase. :thumbsup: Is there a way for me to do that? THANK YOU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users