Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Page Fault in Non Page Area/ Driver not less or equal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flannelman

flannelman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

Here are my system specs:
AMD 2200+
WinXP Pro SP2
760MB Ram
nVIDIA GForce 4 video

My computer will randomly shut down with either the page fault in non page area or driver not less of equal errors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for the video and usb.

I don't know what else to do.

Will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

Hi flannelman,

Please give us the exact error message.

Thanks,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:43 AM

Hi does your STOP error say this. :thumbsup:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
A hardware driver or system service requested data that was not in memory, causing an exception error. The cause may be defective physical memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and antivirus programs. If the error occurs immediately after installing a device driver or application, try to use Safe Mode to remove the driver or uninstall the program. :flowers:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
This is one of the most common STOP errors. This error typically occurs when a driver tries to access an improper memory address. Check for unsigned drivers, and be especially suspicious of recently installed or updated antivirus programs, disk utilities, and backup programs, which may install a faulty file-system filter driver.

That is what both those mean but if you can give more info of numbers before or after the above we can help you a bit more. :trumpet:
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#4 flannelman

flannelman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:43 PM

Those were the correct messages. I'll get the numbers the next time that it does it. It is a mystery to me because I haven't installed anything recently. This just happened out of the blue!! I got into bios yesterday and reset to defaults and it hasn't happened since. I also re-installed my USB 2.0 drivers and video drivers from the original disk. We'll see how long it lasts.

#5 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

Sounds like bad RAM (memory). My sister in law's was doing the same thing and I popped in a new stick of ram and it fixed it. I ram memtest for about 10 minutes and it had 48 errors with her old ram in. After the new ram it ran for an hour without errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users