Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

POSSIBLE VUNDO VIRUS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YANNY

YANNY

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

Hi Guys, (and gals)

First time posting on a forum such as this as i have had virus problems before but can usually manage to clear these myself with the help of various online fixes etc.

Problem is, this is my works pc (not networked) but appears to have something like the "vundo" virus or a derivitive as it is displaying similarities to a virus my brother had recently.

To be honest this pc has had numerous usb sticks used to transfer files etc and so could have been passed the virus from my brothers pc anyway as he also works with me.

The alarm bells have started to ring primarily after finding myself being redirected when trying to access various websites.

If i type in "adaware" or "malware bytes" my browser closes.

I then noticed that the "avg free" that normally runs in my taskbar has vanished, the firewall has been turned off, some security options seem to have gone and various other unusual things.

So if you lovely people could advise me what actions to take i would be most grateful for your help.

regards Dave

Edited by YANNY, 04 January 2010 - 09:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

Do read about Preparation Guide For Use Before Using HijackThis before creating a new thread @ HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal.

#3 YANNY

YANNY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

THANK YOU.
I will do this and resubmit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users