Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt Files?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theoriginal

theoriginal

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

When I run the sfc /scannow command in cmd, I get this message after it completes: "Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". The computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium and it's an AlienWare Aurora R5. Is there any way I can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

When I run the sfc /scannow command in cmd, I get this message after it completes: "Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". The computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium and it's an AlienWare Aurora R5. Is there any way I can fix this?

Try downloading this KB941600 update for Windows and see if this fixes the problem.

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#3 theoriginal

theoriginal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:55 AM

Hey, thanks for the link to the tool but unfortunately it didn't help my problem. I tried to install it on the computer and it says that the installation doesn't apply to your system.

#4 theoriginal

theoriginal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:40 AM

Just realized that the corrupt file that couldn't be repaired was multiple entries of the settings.ini file from the Windows Side bar. I read about that problem in microsoft.com and a forum site and they said to disregard the error message. The SFC mistakes the settings file from the Windows Sidebar as a corrupt file.

Edited by theoriginal, 06 January 2010 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users