Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

silverstone raven rvo1 case

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

i bought this case for the advertised GREAT revolutionary airflow...although revolutionary, it cant cool squat lol....at least with what i comes with, i was wondering if anybody could help me find more spots for fans or anything else that could increase the airflow in this case (already upgraded to non-stock fan on top)

using speedfan it is reading over 50C as a case temp...i have to open the case sometimes to cool off......thats y i need help cuz i dont want to have to rebuid the pc in a new case....time consuming and pricy

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

Probably too late for you to do it, seeing how it's up and running
The first thing I do when I get a new case is to cut out the built in grill(s) in the case to just one large hole
If it needs to be protected, I use a wire grill cover. It might not do anything be I believe it helps
Coolects a lot less dust anyways

Edited by garmanma, 04 January 2010 - 02:07 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Blaze413

Blaze413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

although a great idea..ure right now thats its up and running i was hoping not to have to start customizing and messing with the case.....was just wondering if there is a place fdor an extra fan somewhere that im missing

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:16 PM

The Raven's cooling ability is also only mediocre. Raising it higher off the desk, and giving the fan above the PSU greater access to cool air might improve this. It's an interesting design, but the fact is that the Antec Twelve Hundred provides better cooling, is easier to work inside and costs less.

On the contrary, other expert reviews stand by the Raven's EFFECTIVE cooling solution and claim that the stock setup will suffice.

So in your case, you could try replacing the other case fans.

BTW, are the CPU & GPU(S) temperatures normal? Better cooling solutions for them perhaps?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#5 Blaze413

Blaze413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

just bought a new cpu cooler and that low in temp......i know the gpu's r hot, but i was hoping that the extra money i payed for the case could cool them......want hoping not to have to go water cooling for the gpu's...any other cooling solutions for them that maybe not so pricey??

#6 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

You could replace the stock coolers on the GPUs with something from Arctic Cooling or Zalman.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#7 Blaze413

Blaze413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

ok....didnt know they had gpu coolers.....wow im going to have to rethink my knowledge of pc's....i aparently dont know very much lol

Thanks for the help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users