Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Half inch blank or color square in middle of monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 L W

L W

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Have a HP m7050e, new hard disc, XP media center, w/ PNY graphics card 6600(I think...) - works excellent now that I've loaded driver for the graphics card... except there's a square as described that comes up first time any software is run. Square also picks up characters and repeats them up and down screen while working. How do I get rid of it?
Thanks
LW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

A screenshot would be useful.

Louis

#3 L W

L W
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Here's a shot of the middle 3 or 4" of screen, note the "proces: duplicated vertically... if you're running Google earth for instance, it picks up part of the image and repeats it. Starts out as a single square always, then duplicates itself vertically and sometimes blinks. 'thanks!

Attached Files

#4 L W

L W
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Here's another:

Attached Files

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

I am wondering if you did what I did, load a fresh copy of the OS without first loading the HP disc. That will cause you grief. The HP disc contains proprietary system drivers you need to load that first then upgrade, this issue applies to many of the name brands out there.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users