Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

people

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 btrim

btrim

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Does anyone know who animal is??? Seems he or she needs to grow up and listen. I was called a pirate...WRONG...If this is how this forum works, I will gladly leave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 btrim

btrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

And why is animal listed as a guest???????

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

Quoted from this now closed post. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283907/vista-freezing/

The # I used, I had to find on the net.

What ever your reason for doing so, it is piracy. A solution was sited here by Animal = Site Admin.

You state you own the products, then contact Microsoft and get a valid replacement number. Your methods thus far are a violation of the forum rules.

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hi btrim,

Animal (Site Admin) never called you a pirate, I'm sure he will reply to you as soon as he is available to do so.

The staff and members here are always weary of such requests due to copyright violations as I'm sure you can appreciate.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

As was stated, I did not personally call you a pirate. We have rules on this forum. What I stated was that the methods you used were in violation of our rules. Additionally we are listed as a Microsoft preferred community. We will not and cannot condone the method you used. I am perfectly aware that you state you own the licenses to your OS software. Use them properly and we don't have a problem.

Attacking me for enforcing our forum rules will not change my mind.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users