Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to install Vista from product key om bottom of laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LollieOllie

LollieOllie

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

My Acer laptop did NOT come with a VISTA CD. but the laptop does have a product key on the bottom.

I think I need to wipe everything and re-install VISTA.

But how do you re-install Vista without a CD?
Ihave been told I can do it as long as I have that little lable on the bottom.

Thanks
L

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

Your laptop may have come with a boot partition that allows you to perform a reinstallation of Vista just by booting into it. To check if this is the case, you could either open My Computer and check the partitions listed there. It may be called something along the lines of ACERRECOVERY or something.

Another way would be to restart your computer and at bootup screen, it will ask you something like "Press F12 to view boot menu". Press F12 (or whatever key) and check there.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

hello LollieOllie

for the recovery of an acer as aommaster stated: start your machine as soon as you press the start button.....hold the alt key and the f10 key at the same time.
you should enter a screen that says something along the lines of "return to factory settings" if this is what you want to do.......good luck and let us know how it turns out!!

WARNING: you will lose all data you don't have backed up!! as well as all installed programs!!! but you will have a machine as if you just pulled it out of the box...

PS: I did it about 2 months ago. (on an acer) worked like a dream..... :huh:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users