Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer has problems starting and running reliably

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nathanc11

Nathanc11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this as I'm not sure if its a problem with vista or my hardware. For about a year or so my computer has had issues starting. When I first turn on my computer it could do one of two things. Either it could start normally and work fine or the screen will start flashing every 5 seconds or so. It flashes to the normal loading screen but the keyboard and mouse do not work and it doesn't actually function. The only way to get it to work is restarting it until it seems to load normally which could take 30 minutes of just restarting over and over again. When it does eventually start it works fine but if left on for a long time it will eventually freeze and crash and the computer won't turn on for hours (overheating probably?). I recently gave my computer to a Microcenter to run a diagnostic and repair it if they could but all they did was reinstall vista and tell me the problem was fixed (along with a lovely charge for having them fix it) but they didn't actually fix anything. I hope someone knows what the problem could be. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

hello

I would test the RAM 1st. http://www.ehow.com/how_2020294_test-ram-computer.html

good luck :huh:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users