Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help installing Matrox G450

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roshcats

Roshcats

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

I would appreciate some assistance letting me know where I could find the correct driver for this video card, Matrox G450 32 MB Dual Head AGP Video Card. I purchased it off ebay (item #170408830746

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

if you want to look at it to see exactly what I bought) and I am instaling to a Compaq with onboard video with XP. I found this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...;product=240109

which gives step by step instructions to install. But since I bought this off ebay I do not have a disk to install the driver and I would not know when to install the driver per those directions. If I could get someone to give me link to the correct driver, since I am finding what seems like 100 different links to install drivers and I dont know which one is correct. Let me know if the install instructions are right and when should I install the driver. I thought at step 6 I would not have any video since I would have already changed the BIOS. I like I said I am a novice.

Thank you in advance
Robert

Edited by Roshcats, 03 January 2010 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/

Select "G Series", then G450" , and follow the menus to download driver (save to desktop).

Just follow the directions on your second link. The computer will still boot with default VGA drivers.
After booting with your new card, click the driver setup you previously saved to your desktop and follow directions.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Roshcats

Roshcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thank you dpunisher. When I follow the link to the drivers there are three selctions. I want to make sure I get the correct one. I selected "G-series" then "G450" then "Drivers" then "Windows XP" and that is when I have three options. Would it be the first one on that list.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

2.08.04.011 SE U WHQL

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 Roshcats

Roshcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

dpunisher, I want to review what happened. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I already had this vdieo card installed, I did hat last week but oculd not find my additional power cord for monitor so I stopped and have been using the computer for a week as normal. Would ti of caue any problems? I did not think it would.

Today, in BIOS under I went to "Primary Video Adapter" and "PCI" was already selected. I changed it to the other option which was "AGP/onboard" since I installed the card into the AGP slot. I started the computer and started the downloaded program and the program stated "no Matrox hardware installed" I can go to control panel and go to add hardware and using the add hardware wizard, I see "Maxtor 6B200M0". Any idea of why ths is not working?

I see now that the Maxtor 6B200m0 is the harddrive. Any ideas?

Edited by Roshcats, 03 January 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#6 Roshcats

Roshcats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

I got it. I learned one thing that is very important. Make sure you have the card FULLY seated. I took it back down and pushed a little harder and I heard it go in a little further and it works great now. Thank you very much dpunisher, I appreciate all the help I get on these forums. Without people like you helping people like me, alot of us would be lost!!!! Hope you have a great year in 2010!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users