Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE locks when saving picture

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Summitspeed

Summitspeed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

OK, when I open a picture using Windows picture viewer from IE and then decide to save the picture to a folder in my pictures is when the problem starts. The hard drive starts grinding away and the save to locks. Sometimes after sitting a couple of minutes it will stop and be ok. Usually if it happens it will happen again almost immediately. Most of the time I cannot close the IE window that the photo was being saved from. Nor will I be able to restart the computer. I have to manually shut down the computer by holding the on button down until it shuts off.

When I start the computer again it does chkdsk volume dirty, recover orphaned file blah blah blah. and the it starts up until it happens again. I have over 25% of the hard drive available. I'm running both Malwarebytes and Norton Anti Virus 2010 (the norton just gave me the option to upgrade to 2010 from 2009 about a week ago, right before the problem started) The problem is getting worse each day. I check Norton's website and of course there is no similar topic. I have found that norton does like to work the bugs out of there software on their customers but usually what ever the problem is they figure it out and fix it in an update.

When it locks (stops responding) I can open another window and it will work fine and can even download / save pictures or vids while all the time I can hear the kackling of the hard drive. When I go to task manager surprisingly there is no drain on processing as it is usually running 1 or 2 %. If I try to close the ie window that is not responding it won't respond.

I tried to restore to an earlier date, like two weeks back, it goes through the process and reboots then tells me it was not able to restore. I have tried 4 differnent dates and I get the same thing.

Any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users