Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

big learning curve

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smashingembryos

smashingembryos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

hey everyone

well i just went from a really old computer to one that was built after the year 2000 :thumbsup: but its still pretty old by most peoples standards. and i love it, as im on dial up i cant even use a super computer even though this is almost a super computer compared to the last one.

my last computer had 256 ram and about i ghz processor
this computer has about 2 g of ram and about 2.40 ghz processor

so getting it up and running smoothly is what i have been most interested in these days.
other than that i am 32 married to a wonderful woman and am a carpenter by trade (that will change as soon as i am done working on our house) for now i am home alot so i can renovate our old house (built or moved here in 1870) and as soon as i am done that i think i will be doing energy audits and/or the data entry for them, and that means more time on a computer and i can even have a mobile office.
ofcourse this means i will need to know when something is off on my computer (and laptop when i get one) also security will be important as i will need to protect documents from prying eyes and system crashes.

this is where bleeping computer comes in to help me learn some basics about what to look for (and not look for) so im not always relying on other people.

well this is the current version of my life story and im looking forward to meeting people here and learning all that i can.

thanks for your time
shawn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hello Shawn and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users