Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequently being kicked off internet / "Server Not Found"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 migranttiger

migranttiger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

I've been having the following problem since I switched from a pc to laptop about a year ago. It seems to have gotten worse though.
Every 30 minutes or so, sometimes more like every 3 or 4 minutes, I will switch to a different page and get the "server not found" page. Reloading the page doesn't help. Sometimes I can right click the connection icon and click repair to fix it, sometimes I have to manually disconnect, then reconnect again, sometimes I can close firefox then reopen it again, sometimes I have to restart my computer. It's becoming a serious problem, as I run an online shop, and this happened in the middle of my listing items, etc.
I've tried and tried researching and searching for similar problems, but haven't found anything quite as frequent.
I've run all kinds of virus, malware, spyware scans. Cleaned the registry, etc... Nothing seems to help at all.
I'm running XP SP2, using Firefox. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users