Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 welles90

welles90

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

the error code i get when trying to start up and slapped by the blue screen of death is:
**STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf78cd524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
I have runned the hard drive diagnostic and recieved the error code: 02h.

ADDITIONALLY: I did got this error once when trying to start up:

Page_fault_nonpaged_area

I was once allowed to boot up using the selection of last known safe boot up...I then ran a virus check, defrag and whatnot...when it was all done it asked me to reboot which i did and have had the blue screen ever since.

I have now put in my windows xp home edition boot disk and i am booting from the CD drive. Hitting "R" for Repair and Recover Functionality then it prompts me to chose only onne selectio - C:\WINDOWS.
Now when I chose this I am prompted for an admin password (which I don't recall ever adding one) but I did tupe in Admin and that came up invalid. So I just hit enter on the password prompt with nothing entered and it then goes to the prompt on a separate line:

C:\WINDOWS

Is there something else I need to type in after this prompt to get the disk going? Thanks for your help in advance and happy new year...

Signed,

Dying in LA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

It sounds to me like you are in the recovery console...Which is not where you want to be at this point in time....After C:\Windows type exit and hit enter.
Follow the link for instructions on a repair installation:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...ips/doug92.mspx

Edited by OldGrumpyBastard, 03 January 2010 - 09:24 AM.

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

<<I have runned the hard drive diagnostic and recieved the error code: 02h.>>

What hard drive diagnostic did you run...and what does that error code mean (according to the diagnostic)?

Louis

System manufacturer and model?

Edited by hamluis, 03 January 2010 - 10:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users