Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game 'Anti-Hack' programming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

I've been asked too program a 'Anti-Hack' for a private server me and a couple of buddies are running. I would be all for this but I figured with my programming knowledge being limited too VB.NET I figured I had some research too do so I have a few questions:

First off, what language would this be the most efficient too be programmed it?

The main focus of this 'Anti-Hack' at this time is too be blocking macros. How would I go about blocking specific Macro-ing programs or keyboards with out blocking their specific keys off of the keyboard

Any thoughts? Thanks for the help!
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

What do you know about handling OS calls? What do you know about heuristics? How do you programatically determine if someone is running a macro?

programming knowledge being limited too VB.NET

Programming knowledge is not limited to any language. Your programming vocabulary may be limited to VB.NET, but a for-loop works the same in any language. If you can do it in VB.NET, then with a bit of research, you can figure out the syntax to do it in Java, C#, or any other language.

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

I know nothing about those. Would that be what I would have to begin research on for this project?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

Learn about operating systems, starting with something like Minix. Learn how the system calls work together, and how they can be altered to suit your purpose. Then probably check out some Windows APIs and learn how to use them. Doing what you want to do requires some in depth understanding of how operating systems work. In 6 months or so, you should have a good idea of where to begin.

I still have no clue how you would differentiate between a macro that is manipulating a game, and any other application on the system. About the only thing you can do is check and make sure that game values are within acceptable parameters.

#5 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

I will definitly begin too research Minix and how it works. You woulden't happen too have a guide poking around some where on how too get started in understanding these system calls? What any of the mean?

#6 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

I still have no clue how you would differentiate between a macro that is manipulating a game, and any other application on the system. About the only thing you can do is check and make sure that game values are within acceptable parameters.

I'm not too sure about this, but I believe that you'll have to poll the keyboard drivers (maybe on an assembly level?), to make sure that it was the keyboard that issued a keystroke, rather than a macro inputting text into your program's GUI.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users