Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver problems after downgrade to XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BlackVenom

BlackVenom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

*SOLVED*
Basically this pos can't run xp do to lack of driver support. (Exaggerated, it can run it but most devices are inoperable)

I have an HP dv9607us that originally had Vista on it and after dealing with its slowness for long enough i downgraded to XP. I didn't think to check hardware/driver information as i never have had problems in the past. Anyways this laptop came with a wireless card that i'm pretty sure is an Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN which is what the following has: http://www.directron.com/dv9607us.html.

When I run the driver installer it just says its performing driver install operations and brings up the found new hardware wizard which doesn't do anything but try to get me to point to a driver or it just wont do anything at all. I need to get this at minimum running...

Also when i drag windows around they will lag. This may be the lack of a graphics driver which i'm installing now.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by BlackVenom, 03 January 2010 - 12:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users