Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD R/RW Writing problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 helpplease

helpplease

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:38 AM

I use Adaptec easy CD writer. I had to replace my hard drive because it broke. I reloaded all the software. (I think) When I go to write a CD. I go through all the proper procedures to get do the task, but then the CD R/RW kicks out the CD and says "Media disc is too small please reinsert a larger CD." The CD size is 80min 700md. I have tried several of the same CD's and had the same response.

I have removed the Writer opened it up and have cleaned the laser lense with Hydrogen Peroxide. Put the writer back in the computer. (Now it recognizes and place audio CD's But when I try to write cd's the same fault occurs.

I don't know where to go from here. Is there a CD writing programing error that does not read the empty CD correctly? Is it the CD writer its self? I have run out of Ideas? Help please.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the CD Driver without success.

P.S. The writer is a Sony CRX 100E. I don't even know what other information could help you in helping me!

(moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 20 August 2005 - 10:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:30 PM

Dear Help,

Cleaning is not the problem and rubbing alcohol is what you should be using.

Copyright is your problem.

Sony makes the best drives but the worst software. Dump the Sony software and download better.

That is all I can tell you...in Bleep.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

Rubbing alcohol is 30% water.
What should be used to clean glass is 90% alcohol which you can get at a hardware store.

#4 helpplease

helpplease
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Ok, So I went ahead and purchased a New CD/rw. The software that came with it was nero. I downloaded it and tried to burn a cd. Now the Error is Sorry ther is not enough dick space for the nero cache. (required 74MB Available 13MB). PLease free up some dick space or us another cashing drive.

So I went to my C; Drive to see how much space I have. 2,139,422,720 bytes or 1.99GB used and 7,047,120 bytes or 6.71MB free. This is after I completed a dick cleanup. I do not believe I have Data compession software. Would that make a differance? If so, now would I get a good compression software and how much does it cost? I have a 40 GB hard drive! I just don't get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users