Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gateway gt5252, cant install drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

I had to reload the OS on this computer. Couldnt find the original windows OS disk, so went out and bought a new one. Needless to say reinstalling the OS wiped out all the drivers.
I went to the gateway site and got to the page which has the drivers. By the way, the serial number of the computer is cce6821002106. Using this serial number, the link to the drivers page is
http://support.gateway.com/support/d...s=Windows%20XP

I downloaded the motherboard driver D0447-001-001.exe on a different computer and put it on a usb stick to transfer it to the gateway. When I started the install process according to the instructions in the included text file in the download, the nvidia installer setup utility started, but it didnt do anything except give the initial nvidia splash screen.

I tried the other motherboard driver too. Same thing.

Why want the installer file setup the drivers?
Edit/Delete Message

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

Well...you may have made a mistake in typing the number, resulting in wrong drivers.

There are multiple drivers listed at the Gateway site.

Try these, http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers...p;uid=255932385.

Louis

Uninstall the drivers you previously installed before attempting to install what appears to be the correct ones.

Edited by hamluis, 03 January 2010 - 10:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users