Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epic FAIL on my part

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 omgwuthaveidun

omgwuthaveidun

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

So i was betatesting a game that was crashing alot...one of the fixes posted on their boards was to move the My Documents folder to a seperate FAT32 formatted partition...which i did...on my flashdrive. Everything was fine..the game was running good and all was well.....until i forgot and formatted my flashdrive just now.

So, My documents is gone...poof....and although im not worried about the files that were lost, as i keep most media files on a seperate storage drive...i do need the file structure of the folders restored...can i just recreate the folders? what is the correct pathname for the My Documents folder in win7? also, what other folders are contained within?

-ANY suggestions advice greatly appreciated!

Edited by omgwuthaveidun, 02 January 2010 - 04:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

Recuva is a great tool for recovering deleted files or files on formatted partitions (I've used it for deleted files, but I haven't yet tried it on a formatted partition. The software supports it, I just haven't tried it yet).

Just make sure you don't put anything on that flash drive until you recover the files. And don't recover the files to the same drive they are being recovered from. You risk overwriting other yet unrecovered files.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users