Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer freezing when running word 2007

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 goldeeneyes

goldeeneyes

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:47 PM

I opened word 2007 and typed one word. The computer completely froze, no mouse etc. I manually powered the computer off and restarted. The same thing happened. I ran chkdisk and no bad files were found.
I ran sfc/scannow and at 76% completed received the error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
I tried to run word again and noticed an error message at the bottom of the screen. "SynType" was all I was able to write down before it disappeared. I was unable to recreate the message.

I tried to to run office diagnostic and it froze at "startup running pkg 3 of 15" I am currently unable to access the start menu. I am on the same computer. The problem only seems to happen (so far) in word.

Edited by goldeeneyes, 03 January 2010 - 12:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Have you read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928723 apparently Word 2007 has an alert system so you can look into errors further !

Good Luck hope this helps you ! :huh:

P.S If this don't help you try running some virus scans !

Edited by doinmeedin, 02 January 2010 - 03:22 PM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 goldeeneyes

goldeeneyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

Thanks, I read the article, but since I cannot recreate the error message, which has to be up when running AlertID, so far it hasn't helped.
I did however receive two new errors while on the website:

WINWORD.EXE-Corrupt disk
excetion processing message 0xc0000032 parameters 0x761691BO 0x761691BO 0x761691BO 0x761691BO

I also forgot to list my specs: I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5875

I have run AVG, MCaffee Security Scan and Windows Defender and all show no viruses

Edited by goldeeneyes, 02 January 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#4 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thanks, I read the article, but since I cannot recreate the error message, which has to be up when running AlertID, so far it hasn't helped.
I did however receive two new errors while on the website:

WINWORD.EXE-Corrupt disk
excetion processing message 0xc0000032 parameters 0x761691BO 0x761691BO 0x761691BO 0x761691BO

I also forgot to list my specs: I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5875

I have run AVG, MCaffee Security Scan and Windows Defender and all show no viruses

Sounds like something is corrupt, have you tried to re-install Word 2007 to see if that resolves the problem???

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#5 goldeeneyes

goldeeneyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

I haven't tried to reinstall word since it has now infected other operations.

I am now having to use a different computer since mine is either freezing right away, or running so slow that it appears to be frozen.

Edited by goldeeneyes, 02 January 2010 - 06:46 PM.

#6 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Have you tried what is mentioned here?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Troubleshooting-...ms&id=39981

#7 goldeeneyes

goldeeneyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Yes, I have tried everything except the antimalware. The only reason I haven't done that is because I freeze before it can be downloaded.

#8 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

Why don't you reboot into safe mode with networking and download malwarebytes or superantispyware then run one of those !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users