Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does my Firewall & Antivirus have to be in.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lyn

Lyn

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:11 AM

In order for my firewall and anti-virus to be active does it need to be added to my launch tool bar. I only ask because it used to be there and now its not. And I'm suspicious of being hijacked.
Lyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:01 AM

No. You should, however, see some icons in the box with the time in it (generally at the bottom of the quichlaunch bar). You can go to the individual program folders and probably find a launch icon and drag it into your bar to replace those that are missing.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Lyn

Lyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:23 PM

Thank you John. I dragged my anti-virus to my launch bar in hopes it stays there.

May I ask you to explain in the simplest way, perhaps, an easer step by step directions on how to setup my AVG v.7.0, E-Mail Scanner.
I'm sorry but the link below desribing how to setup my email is way too much and hard to understand for my first time ever reading about "POP3" when I'm not sure of what my "ip" AVG Email Setup
I haved Email with Yahoo & Hotmail. Of course with different User names too. I'm frustrated to keep reading this site without understanding it.
Perhaps you know of another site for setting up yahoo and hotmail.

With my appreciation,
Lyn

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

Unless you are paying extra money, neither Yahoo or Hotmail, to the best of my knowledge, will support using POP E-Mail. Google Mail (GMail) DOES support it, and it is free. If you want an Gmail account you will need an invitation; several members have offered to provide these:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...c=7954&hl=gmail

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users