Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash in Ubuntu 9.10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libnspr4-dev is the error I get when attempting to install flash player from adobe's website. I am trying to install the .deb for ubuntu 8.04+ off the main adobe page.

sorry if this is a noob question, I literally just installed ubuntu 15 minutes ago.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Try typing these into a terminal prompt:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

EDIT: source (last post)

Edited by MadDawg, 02 January 2010 - 07:31 PM.

A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

You can install Adobe Flash plugin for Mozilla (Firefox browser) from the
Ubuntu Software Center. Path to the Center: Applications/ Ubuntu Software Center

In my Ubuntu 9.10, I show two items as installed in the Center list of installed programs.
One is Adobe Flash Plugin Installer for Mozilla and the other is Adobe Flash plugin version 10

You may need to cleanup the faulty install first, though.

EDIT
In the link below are directions with screenshots for installing from Synaptic Package Manger.
http://www.lehsys.com/2009/10/installing-a...-10-just-works/

Edited by buddy215, 03 January 2010 - 12:30 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

thanks buddy, I got it now

=)

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,300 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:38 AM

You are welcome.

Some other programs I found very helpful are BleachBit (works like Ccleaner), Computer Janitor, Startup Manager
(allows you to select which OS to boot into and has other options with a good GUI).
Those can be installed thru Ubuntu Software Center. Computer Janitor should already be installed.

Skype is easily installed, too. Not listed in the USC.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users