Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internetsecurity2010 infection

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorH

DoctorH

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:16 AM

Hello,
First post to BC in desperation regarding internetsecurity2010. I'm working from another computer as my daughter's laptop is fairly hosed. I'm hoping to fix (and learn) rather than reimage. I got past the login hijack but now every program I attempt to execute gets hijacked so I'm afraid to run anything else. I've lost IE, task manager, process manager, regedit, etc. so I have no way to kill processes or address the registry. I successfully killed processes associated with IS2010 and deleted associated programs per instructions but could not delete winhelper86.dll. At this point the laptop is running but I'm afraid to reboot. Do I have an alternative?
Thanks,
DocH.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Have you tried using the guide below?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010

#3 DoctorH

DoctorH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

Help, that link is broken. Thanks.

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:35 AM

I think the link trev47 is referring to is this one: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010.

#5 lalamuk1

lalamuk1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

well i think i could help u....
1st. Reboot your comp and hit f8 countinuesly.
2nd. Reboot into safe mode WITH NETWORKING
3rd. Before anything gets to start up quickly open up task manager... by ctrl+alt+del at the same time....
4th. Go to "proceses" tab and try to find the rogue antivirus
5th. The process is usually a random string of numbers ex:1112422.exe or it will usually be something like issecurityav.exe or sumthing like that.
6th. Ending the process usually stops the not letting you run anything.
7th. Download malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org if it is not working..
8th. Run and install malwarebytes. {INSTALL , Update and Run would be better}
9th. update it.
10h. select quick scan
11th. When finshed hit show results.
12th. Save the log and upload it to here.
13th. Then hit remove all
14th. IF IT ASKS FOR A REBOOT DO IT IMMEDIATLY AND BOOT INTO THE SAME MODE YOU SCANNED MALAREBYTES WITH.
15th. if opening in safe mode is giving you problems you can probally boot into regular and fix it with the steps i have gaven you.

Tell me if this doesent work

#6 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

DoctorH,
sorry for the bad link. The Weatherman got it right!

#7 Kevin / Cincinnati

Kevin / Cincinnati

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

Gentleman,

I became a member to express my appreciation. I was using a work laptop from home and was infected with "Internet Security 2010". The Symentec software my company uses offered no protection. I went to their web page, and they wanted to charge me 99.00 to remotely access and resolve the issue. I decided to try it on my own, and found your site. I took your recommendations, and it appears to have resolved the issue.

The MALAREBYTES software is great! It took about 2 hours to complete the scan, but it was well worth it.

I did download Comodo Antivirus from Download.com which allowed me to terminate the rogue applications. The CTR-ALT-DEL combo would not allow me to terminate anything. Once I downloaded this software, I was able to terminate the applications, and then follow your advice and resolve the issue.

All of that to say THANK YOU! I really appreciate the help.

Kevin from Cincinnati

#8 trev47

trev47

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Kevin,
Malwarebytes rocks! Glad you had a good experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users