Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Scheduler

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Roderunner

Roderunner

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:54 AM

I tried Google to find a solution but found nothing, can you help?

Attached Files

George's PC Specs. / Laptop.  Desktop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

I tried Google to find a solution but found nothing, can you help?

Found the Solution to the problem check this link out for more information of fixing the problem:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...a-76084a37db73/

Anymore problems let me know!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#3 Roderunner

Roderunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

I had found the link you provided, but its a different error code to mine and I dont subscribe to RSS feeds. :huh:

#4 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:11 AM

This is all the way at the bottom of the that web page:

Ronnie,

Are you able to help?

I have had an issue under windows 2008 SP2 where tasks I have created have become corrupt. They seem to work fine for a number of days/weeks and then stop working when you go to investigate and open up Task Scheduler you get the message as described above. This has happen across a number of servers within our enviroment, do you know what causes this issue?

I'm happy with the resolution but would perfer to find what the cause is as schedule tasks are heavily used to monitor different appications within our environment.

Thanks

Andrew

This means you don't have to subscribe to RSS feeds to have this happen. I suggest at least trying the solution and see if it fixes your problems. I am willing to bet this will fix the problem you are having!!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#5 Roderunner

Roderunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

I tried as suggested and it does not do anything as I dont have any user feed synchronizations.

#6 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

I tried as suggested and it does not do anything as I dont have any user feed synchronizations.

Do you have any thing scheduled that might be causing the problem? Task master does monitor a bunch of things, and It sounds like one of the things it monitoring is bad. I'd go through each and everyone to see if you can find the one that is causing it!!!

Go through every hidden task and double click looking and clicking on the history tab. Look for the one that is causing the problem. before you delete it, find the action tab and right down the program you need to enable.

After you delete the task that is causing the problem you will need to do this next:

Next, select Start / Accessories. Right click 'Command Prompt' and select the 'Run As Administrator' option.

Click 'Continue' on the UAC prompt.

In the command window, type the following command.

(Action program) enable

Press ENTER.

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#7 Roderunner

Roderunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

I have fixed it. I had programmed task scheduler to update and scan with MBAM version 1.42. As its now version 1.43 I removed old entrys then replaced them after installing. :huh:

#8 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

I have fixed it. I had programmed task scheduler to update and scan with MBAM version 1.42. As its now version 1.43 I removed old entrys then replaced them after installing. :huh:

I thought it would have to be something going on in the Task Scheduler!! It is good we solved this!! This will be a lesson for those who had this happen to them!!!

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users